Nov 11, 2008

Bert's Farm!

I should start this post off by saying, only have pictures of Judd, because Bowen would not stand still long enough to allow me to snap anything worth keeping, so Yes I have 2 kids, but this is the one who still has not gotten the walking thing down yet!!!






Every year my family makes a trip up to Bert's Pumpkin Patch! These pumpkins are huge and I love them. I love the whole atmosphere of it all, the fall leaves, crisp breeze, boiled peanuts, cotton candy, Carmel apples....I could go on forever! It is a blast! And I love the tradition of it all for us, it is free to get in, and we typically will resort to purchasing a pumpkin from Wal-Mart, to save some pennies! But either way it is fun!!This year we went up there with some of our very dear friends the Ford's. We love this family and were so glad they joined us on this beautiful day! Here are a few shots. Judd was great, he sat still for me to take pictures....Bowen on the other hand ran around crazy playing hide and seek with Paul the whole time so I snagged what I could!
I love this time of year, I love the anticipation of "going to Bert's" I think it is one for sure day out of the whole year where I know I will get to enjoy spending the day with my favorite people! After the farm, we always head to this little hole in the wall called Under the Hemlock, it is a great place right next to Bert's and we eat hot dogs, chips and a Coke! It is cheap but we love it and you sit outside on the picnic tables and just enjoy the day! Plus the kids can run around and play to!
I am Super PUMPED, for this trip next year, we will have our camper!!! I think we are looking at making a weekend out of it!! I can't wait!! Me and my family had tons of summer memories in a camper and I am elated to pass this tradition on to my boys, and start making our own family memories!!
P.S I miss you Grandpop!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Judds faces in those pictures! and those pumpkins are HUGE!

Jack Thunder Lishy Samuel Ryan and his Mamma said...

Now you just have to find a campground with a lake...and then you can burn wires that make the fire all different colors- just don't think about the carcinogens!!!!!!! God rest Grandpop Devine!!! What fun...