Feb 15, 2009

An Ode To Paul!


Valentines Day...what a silly holiday, I believe love should be celebrated all year long, not just one day. It is funny to watch all the men last minute running into the store to purchase the obligatory card, cheap box o chocolates and flowers. As I look back on this day (with no frills at all) it was pleasant. Just as I would have hoped for. My honey let me sleep in, and took the kids out for several hours so I could sleep. I woke up from my slumber and got tons of things finished around the house. I bagged 3 huge trash bags full of toys the boys will never miss, I started the move from winter clothes to summer clothes, and bagged the small ones to sell in the consignment sale next month, I cleaned the house and edited some pictures. It was great! Paul brought me home my favorite salad from Zaxby's and then we ordered pizza for dinner. You gotta love it when you don't have to cook....nice!

But I say all this to just get around to bragging on my hubby...I am not going to pretend online that we have the most perfect relationship, we argue and fuss and stomp around mad at one another from time to time(more me than him) but we are perfect for each other. I never dreamed the first time I met Paul that we would get married. Never did I dream this good old boy would steal my heart, but he did! I know he was surely not thinking I was his bride to be either... funny how God works things out!

I do know that he made me laugh(and still does) All the time!!! His lighthearted and carefree spirit were just what this city girl needed. He was a breath of fresh air with talent like none I had ever seen before, man can he sing!!! Paul has shown me so many things, how to forgive, how to love and how to fight for what is right, good and true. He has taught me some profound lessons only he could have guided me through. He is a big kid and so full of life, there is never a dull moment! He works so I can be home with our boys, and he works hard, even when he gets home, to play with the boys, give me a break and even occasionally do the dishes:)!

At the end of the day there is no blue Tiffany's box, there are no flowers and no cheap candy (or expensive candy at that) There is just love, love for each other. Everyday not just Feb 14, everyday! I have a genuine adoration for this man, only he can make me laugh when I am sad, only he can know something is wrong even when I do my best to hide it, only he understands this girl who is full of emotion....And in the quiet moments when I just know he thinks I am crazy, he chooses to love me for me. That is all I can ask for....he loves me, and I love him faults and all. And just when I think that silly feeling I used to get in the pit of my stomach is gone, he does something that gets me giddy all over again!

Love is a choice, not a feeling, I am getting better at claiming this. I may not "feel" in love everyday, Paul my hurt my feelings and be a jerk...but it is not about my feelings, it is about the choice I made to love him forever, serve him forever...my feelings may change, but my choice and covenant stands strong. Paul is God's perfect provision in my life...and I am one lucky girl. Happy Valentine's Day my lover...I will love you FOREVER!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW if only I knew what to say. I am definatly not a english major but all I know is I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never give up on my family.

Paul