Oct 15, 2008

Van Gogh.....maybe so?

I will start off by saying October is a hard month for my personal blogging time. We have been really busy around here, partly because we have a bit of relief from the hot weather, and also because it is almost fall, my favorite time of year. There are parties to attend, festivals, fairs, pumpkin patch's...you see! I am guessing that because of all this fun, Bowen was inspired...

Here is what I walked into the other day....Bowen, who is almost 3, plays well by himself, I usually can do some laundry or some other chore around the house and he will entertain himself very well. So walking into this was a shocker. Now all of the art supplies are in a container in his closet and it would be really hard for an almost 3 year old to reach, right??? That's what I thought, and I think I was wrong.

I was bothered, of course, just one more mess to clean up, but I was thankful it was washable temper paint!! WRONG AGAIN!!!!!! A while ago I bought letters from Michael's to spell out Bowen's name and I was going to come home paint them and hang his sweet little name on the wall. Well I did that but I put the acrylic paint in Bowen's art box....you see where I am going? It is NOT the temper paint that would wash right off of the walls, it is the acrylic paint that is not budging no matter how much elbow grease I put into it! So it looks like I will be painting the room all over again...The tan color was leftover from our hallway and we used every drop for Bowen's room. No touch up paint left.

He was reprimanded, but he was so proud of his work, I couldn't help but think it was sweet! OH, since then we have moved the art box..

The dolphin is not part of the artwork (in case you were wondering)!

I will update soon with lots of fall pictures, we are heading to the piumpkin patch this weekend. It has neen a tradition for our family! So I will have lots of pic to post real soon! I hope this finds everyone well!




2 comments:

Jack Thunder Lishy Samuel Ryan and his Mamma said...

Maybe Picasso!! I am putting my order in now for a Bowen Estes original!! I am sure it will be priceless...

Whitney said...

Too funny! At least he used a color that seems to coordinate with his bedding. :) Thanks again for Tuesday morning, Mike, Will and I enjoyed seeing you and Judd.