Oct 2, 2008

Interesting to say the Least...

So this week and last weekend has been pretty crazy! My family and I drove out to Gwinnett on Friday night, so we could go see my family. And also one of my friends just had a baby and she lives about 10 min from my mom so we decided to pack up the family and make the hour and a half trip out to Stone Mountain.Well... before we packed up the kids, I called and asked my mom if there was gas out her way, cause there was NO gas anywhere around Dallas/Hiram area. My mom assures us that there is plenty of gas and we should head on out there and we will find gas on our way. Now mind you, we only had enough gas to get out there and not to get back...So Paul and I are looking at every gas station and we keep passing one, two, three...no gas! We pull up to my moms house, tell her the news of No gas anywhere out there either and she apologizes, and we wait!!



The next morning I call my friend and tell her I do not have enough gas to make it out to see her and meet her new baby girl, and she assures me that there is gas out by her and I should head on over. Now, she had her husband go up to the corner store before I left just to make certain there was gas, and there was. So I head to her house to see her and Lela, I take a few pictures, visit with the family, and head out to stop by the gas station they said had gas...and they did have gas....until I pulled up to the pump, then, of course, they ran out. So I barely make it back to my moms, and we had every intention to hang at my moms till about 2pm, eat lunch and head over to a friend of mines daughters 2nd birthday. But that was not going to work, cause we had no gas, and unless we waited on the closest gas station to get gas we would run out searching for a place that had gas. It was a vicious cycle.



Now after the birthday party(which we never made it to) I was suppose to go up to the hospital and visit some friends of mine who just had their little boy, and of course take pictures as well, BUT without gas I was stuck and could not go anywhere. So I unfortunately had to cancel that as well.



Now I am panicking, I need to get home, I am singing at church on Sunday morning and I needed to get back to Paulding county and I needed to get to church. Well, we sat in line for over 2 hours to get gas, we waited and waited and we were ready to wait as long as we needed to. Finally got gas and did not make it back to our house till after 2am on Saturday night! Awesome, I was home and getting ready to sleep only to have to wake up and go to church and try to sing with a man voice cause I had no sleep. I will be honest I thought about canceling at the church, but I am so glad I didn't, I always enjoy it so much and it was nice to be back in my element(it has been a while)



Now, in between all that Paul and I were stressed out and we took it out on each other, had an argument in front of Bowen and had to go back and apologize to him, I don't think he gets it, but at least he saw us resolve our conflict! Aghh!!! I hate that!



And in the meantime since we were literally stuck in Gwinnett, we went and watched my brother play football. He only has 2 more games left and I have yet had a Saturday where I was free to go watch him, so even though things did not work out like I had planned them to, it was still a nice weekend, and I did enjoy the extra unplanned time I was able to spend with my family!



On another note, Paul took me out on a date to see the movie Fireproof, and well it helps to put things into perspective, and our little scuffle is over, Thank God! I do think every married couple should go see it and maybe even keep a copy on hand at home! I cried the whole movie and I loved it(once I got passed the poor acting) The point of the movie is awesome!!

2 comments:

Jack Thunder Lishy Samuel Ryan and his Mamma said...

Sounds like a nightmare..If I could send you some from up here I would!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it to church on sunday too cause I love hearing you sing!

-A