Oct 30, 2008

Where to begin......what a birthday!

It is the end of what has been the best birthday of my life......

I don't know where to start, I fell like the story could go on forever,so I am just going to type, and pray that everyone can follow all that is going on in my world, in my mind and in my heart.....so here it goes.....

I should start by saying that I am and have always been thankful for Gods provision in my life! I thank Him daily for my family, husband , children, house...a lot of different things and He has ALWAYS provided, in some form or fashion. We may not have a cent extra at the end of the pay period, but we want for nothing... But, today was different. I have been wailing since this afternoon, when I got a call from my friend relaying a message from my angel.....

It was my birthday and I received a ton of calls, emails and such wishing me a happy one thank you all so much for thinking of me, it warms my heart to feel as loved as I have felt today. So thank you all again. One call was different, it did not start off that way, this messenger is a very dear friend of mine so of coarse we laughed and joked around and had our usual conversation and questions. Some how it came up that our heat was out, I was really bragging on my girlfriends cause last night they brought me 4 heaters to heat my freezing house.This friend was unaware of the fact that we had no heat (not on the top of my list of happy things to talk about I guess) someone got wind that we had no heat, and called her up to tell her they wanted to help us out and fix whatever was wrong with it........WHAT!

I say WHAT so emphatically because I was a bit confused at first, I did not think I was hearing her correctly, someone who wants to remain nameless wants to send a heater fixer to my house and fix it for us, just does not make sense to me! My sweet messenger friend is sworn to secrecy and I am not allowed to ask any questions.

I am asking again, are you sure it is us, are you sure they don't want to help someone else? We do have 4 heaters (thanks ladies, I love you)? I would understand if they found this out that they would not want to follow through....I get it, there are people who are far worse off then us. She reassured me that this is what they feel led to do for us!!

Can I just tell you what a humbling experience it was for me, to allow this blessing to come my way. We need heat, I certainly can not have my babies in a freezing cold house, we just went through 2 ear infections and an Er visit a couple days ago...we need heat.

My heart, my mind can not wrap around this whole thing yet, I am so very grateful. My heart is full, the fact that someone is doing this for my family, when they don't have to.... we are in a economic crisis now, and someone wants to help my family, I am in awe, in awe of a God that promises to never leave me or forsake me. A God who promises that I will never be given more than I can bear. A God who promises me that if I walk with Him my burden will be light. A God who says rejoice, I will supply your every need.... I stand in awe...

To our Angel,

Where to begin to express my heartfelt gratitude? What words could possibly let you know how you have blessed us. I am So thankful. I think it is even more beautiful that you want no name but HIS attached to the blessing. I don't know how you found out our circumstances ....I believe it was a God thing, that was the only way our heat was getting fixed. With all that is in me I am encouraged by your kindness! We have witnessed first hand God intervening for us in a huge way. I was able to share my story of your generosity to some family members who I don't believe have a relationship or know our Lord, and they were blown away, they could not believe it. I want you to know that your gift was so much more than heat... I pray that you will read this, that you will know how much it has meant to my family. What an amazing birthday gift, what an amazing story to tell my kids of Gods love and provision, what an example of obedience.

If I knew who you were, I would hug your neck... From all the Estes we thank you, we thank God for using you to bless us. I have prayed all day that you would be blessed in return triple what you have done for us. I am so humbled by your gift.

I pray that one day we will be able to bless and encourage others the way you have blessed and encouraged us. May God Bless you.

So I am suppose to hear from the heater fixer by tomorrow, wow, I cry as I type...I love music, that is my favorite way to worship, I have been singing HIS praises all day.

My in laws made me dinner and the whole family was there to celebrate me, thank you all as well, I love you! My girlfriends made the night special too with campfire, hot coco and great conversation, you are the best friends any girl could ever ask for(believe me I asked/prayed for you), you all encourage me daily and I am so thankful for each one of you...

To my very dear and precious husband....I know this has been a hard time for you, and I know accepting these blessings from others is even more difficult, but be encouraged that I would stand beside you and be happiest in the freezing cold for the rest of my life if I had to as long as I had you beside me. I promised you almost 4 years ago that I would love you forever and I mean that more today then yesterday. You provide for your family in more ways then you know. I am honored to be your wife, through the calm and through the storm!!! I love you!

I don't know how to end this except to say thank you God, I stand in awe of you once again...your love for my family is astounding.

How great is our GOD!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dezirae,
I am amazed at the blessings of wonderful friends in your life. What an incredible birthday. I look for your blog on a daily basis for encouragement and to remind myself of Gods love. I know it has been years (like 10) since we have even talked to one another but I love to see what God is doing in your life. Your boys are beautiful and your love for them shines through in your photography and writing. May God continue to bless you and your family.
~Allison Sutton

Anonymous said...

Dez,
I am just blown away by your last couple of posts. I can not even imagine the ups and downs you have experienced in just a week's time. PRAISE GOD that your boys are doing ok, and PRAISE GOD for your amazing angel! Thank you for sharing your story of being a faithful servant and God pouring His gifts on you.
Love ya!
Jill

Unknown said...

Dezirae,
My prayer for you was to have an amazing and blessed birthday and believe me I prayed it on my hands and knees! You have offered so much to me through your posts and I know I have not seen you since college, but you give me strength. What a miracle and a blessing given to someone I know deserves it! When I move back to GA and my husband is an Iraq I hope to have the opportunity to see you again and meet your beautiful family. God bless you and your loved ones and I can never thank you enough for the perspective you give me!
Allison Desmarais

Jack Thunder Lishy Samuel Ryan and his Mamma said...

Happy Birthday, lady!! What a good turn of events for you- and on your special day, no less!