Sep 7, 2008

Attack Of The School!!

Bowen started school, nothing hardcore, just 2 days a week from 8:30 - 11:30. No big deal...right??? Wrong! I was up at 5 am the morning of, I did not go to sleep until 3 ish...All over a few hours a week... Well I really was struggling with the fact that I am a stay-at-home momma, and now I am sending my kid off and not doing my job!! I was also nervous about him being okay with the idea of me leaving, I really did not think I could have handled a dramatic scene, I would have scooped him up and just brought him back home! But Bowen woke up, sang happy birthday to Judd, and asked me when he was going to get to go to his school! So far so good!!

All week long I was talking up, and acting so excited about his "big boy" school! He was excited cause I was and it was sweet to see. Then cam the real test! I packed him up and off we headed. I talked to him the whole way there about how much fun he was going to have and how he would get to meet and play with new friends!

This whole time I have the lump in my throat! I am depressed at the fact that my little man will not be with me all day like he has been for the past three years!! But I could really tell that he needed to see some other faces besides mine day in and day out!! He almost seemed bored to some degree at home...we have house activities but I think he was a bit over looking at the same 4 walls everyday! Bowen is like his momma, he needs change and a change of scenery is always good.

Here he is posing for me as we head out of the car and off to the school!

What a little man...he made real sure that he walked ahead of me, and did not want me getting too close to him. (Is this normal at 3 years of age?) I'll be honest, it kind of freaked me out that he was so eager to be in dependant and on his own away from mommie!! I think my mind is still trying to feel better about that one! But it was cute to see him with that huge bag that he insisted on carrying as by "hyself."

My social butterfly, again, I can only imagine where he gets this trait from, but here he is waving to not just this bus...but ALL 13 buses that drove by before we made it into the school!
And here is BoBo and his best friend Maddox or as Bo calls him "Maggots" Two silly boys posing for us crazy moms with cameras!!


Bowen absolutely loved his first day, he keeps asking when he can go back! He loves Maddox and I think he had a blast with him all day! They played outside colored a picture and had cupcakes too! I pray that Bowen continues to have a high affinity for school and education! I think we are off to a good start!

I still can't believe that he just kissed me and told me he loved me, and just as I was walking out of the classroom he said as he pats his chest with a matter-of-fact look "mommie gonna come back and get BoBo, it's okay" I assured him I would be back to greet him with arms wide open and a bounty of kisses.

What a big brave boy! I am so proud!! You are the best my BUBBIE!!!!!

3 comments:

Fibia said...

This post made me cry. I am so proud of our big boy Bobo, I'm holding Yasmina in my lap as I read the post and she keeps calling his name and Juddson's. She said that Bobo is her buddy and she misses him.
Girl, I miss you. You are an awesome momma and your kids are blessed to have you.

Jack Thunder Lishy Samuel Ryan and his Mamma said...

Congrats on going to big boy school!!! Sounds like you are gonna be a huge hit and have no problem acclimating! Way to go, Bo!!

CiCi said...

Dezirae, I'm so thankful that Suzi published your link. I'm touched, as I read the blog, by your love for all three of your boys. Your photographs are fabulous; your talent is great; and your sentiments are poetic.
Thank-you, Francine (Suzi's mom)