Jul 28, 2008

Community Makeover

So, this weekend at our church was the community makeover! Wow, what an awesome time it has been. It was so amazing to see so many people come out to help the community! Our church decided not to have church at our building, but to BE the church in the community. There were several hundred projects all around the county with thousands of people involved! We re painted, landscaped, picked up trash, fixed roofs...and that is just the beginning! It was all wrapped up with a HUGE worship service in the Sam's parking lot!!! 4,ooo people all singing in one voice lifting up praise to The Most High!!! AMAZING....I am speechless!

How great is our GOD!!

I was asked to document some of the action and here are only a few of them!

Our church partnered with several other churches to make all of this happen and we are so thankful that there were so many others who were willing to get out there and help! These women and men were from Oasis Church, they were so funny and came to serve with such great hearts! I enjoyed getting to talk with them and get to know them a little! Here they are in action helping fix up Hiram High School!!

Here they are getting ready to paint the parking stripes again!



The race was on...and you see who won!! I loved this image, even the children were in on it, watching the "church" at work, there was lots of fun times too!!

I am honored to be part of such a great church, I proudly represent West Ridge, and I am honored to be a part of such a great community! I was blown away at how friendly everyone was, how willing to help and work so hard in excruciating heat, and yet still be smiling and have a great attitude! Most of all I am blessed to be a part of God's family! To work alongside some of these wonderful people, worship the same living God, and break down denominations, and be ONE family! It was a beautiful thing, I hope we continue to do this year after year, day after day, it was truly amazing! I am glad I was able to be a part of the whole thing!

No comments: